Saturday, August 18, 2012

My Journey

In the next 40 days, I will be wrapping up the final portraits in my portfolio for Portraits Inc., a portrait foundation that handles the official commissions for federal judges, CEOs, businessmen/women, presidents, dignitaries, etc. etc. etc., I think you get the idea. For over 10 years, I have been wanting to do this, and for the last few years, I've really gone through great lengths to study portraiture in graphite, charcoal, pastel, and oil. I've settled mainly in oils, particularly because of the longevity of oil paints. My wife has let me know that in recent weeks, I have been extremely on edge, and some of this has to do with my desire to not only be accepted at Portraits Inc., but to continue a lasting career in Fine Art Portraiture. While a rejection from Portraits Inc., does not dictate whether or not I'll have a career in this field, it does set my future in place for the most part. I am nervous about this, and "on edge," as my wife so delicately put it. I felt that, instead of putting up a bunch of artwork, I'd document this process. I know that the stakes are high, and if I am to succeed, I have to not only put my best foot forward, but push my ability in a way I have never done so before. So here goes. And in the words of Norman Rockwell, "do your best always." I intend to Mr. Rockwell, and I intend to make the finest portraits available.

No comments:

Post a Comment