Sunday, August 19, 2012

Day 1

So it's Sunday, August 19, 2012 (as you can already see at the top above the posting, and already, I'm finding myself a bit distracted. There's a painting that I really want to do of a wildlife scene. I bought a 6'x4' canvas earlier this year from a person off craigslist for $10. The canvas is in excellent condition. I have this idea of either saving it for a phenomenal giant full length portrait, or of a lioness jumping on the back of either a zebra, a wildebeest, or a water buffalo. I've always admired the hunting ability of lions/lionesses, and just to capture that moment of impact where she is right about to sink her claws into this animal who is running to save its life, I think would make an amazing painting. The dust, the fear, the desire to survive ... all wrapped up in a huge, stunning work of art. I don't know ... these are my thoughts. Focus, John! Focus!

No comments:

Post a Comment