Monday, September 17, 2012

My Journey - Day 31

So here I am - on the last two weeks of this portfolio. I'll be finished with the final portraits by Friday (hopefully) and then I begin working on the PDF's and putting it all together in a professional, presentable manner. This Saturday, I'll be taking the paintings to John Tyler Community College to be professionally photographed by a guy who does photography of artwork. My design instructor once told me that photographing artwork is probably the 2nd most difficult thing to photograph. She never said what the most difficult thing to photograph was, but for some reason, artwork is the 2nd. The thing that I hate about this photographing of artwork is, I have to rely on someone else. This is completely out of my hands, and to a certain degree, my portfolio is dependent on someone else's performance. This makes me nervous to be honest. I've put in a great deal of time, detail, time away from my family, etc., and I am anxious about this process. 

From my understanding, the gentleman who will be photographing my work (I'll give him credit after the photographs are taken) is not only reliable, but a very good photographer who does a great deal of craft/fine art photography. So we'll see. 14 more days until October 1, and I'm really looking forward to impressing the fine people at Portraits, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment