Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Just A Bit Of Fun

For the last few days that I've gone into my art studio to paint, shortly thereafter, my youngest daughter says, "can I watch you paint?" She's already light years ahead of me at her age, and what a thrill it brings me with her questions as she watches intently. "Why are you using that brush? How did you mix that color? Why did you paint that that color?" She sits and watches me - not staring off into space - and sometimes offers her own little suggestions. What a little blessing!

It's oil paint - it's not cheap, and I let her mix up her own compositions. A young child who understands the color wheel, primary colors, complimentary colors ... I wouldn't change that moment with her mixing up the colors for anything. I'm in the middle of painting, and she comes over to see if it's okay if she mixes up pink. She pulls from the Alizarin Crimson, and then grabs some Titanium White, and mixes it to her liking of pink. There she was on my easel, in front of the Rev. Gooch painting, just mixing away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment