Saturday, September 8, 2012

My Journey - Day 22

I just wanted to say that I am more motivated than ever before to make this thing happen. I have 23 days left, and I am making decent progress. I sometimes am timid about telling people dreams that I have, and not life's goals to be honest, dreams that you have when you're asleep. But I feel that when we desire something so bad, fate, or this Great Creator who guides us through life, gives us a little taste of it through a dream. 

Last night, I had a dream that, to my left was a Secret Service Agent, and across from me was President Obama, and we were discussing the terms and conditions of his portrait. Let me be clear about something: though my life's goal is to obtain the official White House portrait commission of the President of the United States, not for once have I ever thought it would be President Obama. I've always felt it would be a president in the future, maybe two or three presidents after our 44th president. But then again, if President Obama were to win the election this year, the possibility for doing this is great. 

The only other time this happened was when I had a dream that I was sitting down with the great boxing champion, Mike Tyson. Let me state right here, that I do not believe that any of his "antics" that have been portrayed are excusable, but in the same breath, I'd like for it to be known that this man was greatly demonized. He wasn't the persona that Ali was, but let's be clear about one thing, the man did his job, and he did it well. I had a conversation with Mr. Tyson that I can still recall, and I'm not ashamed to write this out. I won't put that conversation here, until I am commissioned to do his portrait. I believe he is one of the greatest boxers that ever lived, and yes, I do think he would've handed Ali a new one, but that's another story for another day. 

All I'm saying in this posting is, as time is winding down to submit my portfolio, I'm more motivated than ever before. I was given another taste of my future and it was so real, because it will be real.

No comments:

Post a Comment