Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Monumental Change


 When the protests erupted last year, it was Lynanne who told me that I should go paint the monument to capture the events unfold. She's the sole reason this painting was completed. Shortly after posting the image and putting it in an art show, it sold. Galleries rarely let you know who the buyer is, and this time was no different. Of all the paintings that I've sold, this one was one that I wanted to know who bought it. Unfortunately, that wouldn't happen.

Shortly after we moved to Rosewood in September 2020, I was walking the neighborhood to introduce myself. I gave out cards and let people know I was an artist. When I approached one of my neighbors, he looked at my card and said, "John Price...I think I have one of your pieces." I was curious so he invited me in. 

Just 2 blocks from my house lived this guy, Sean Pierce and he was the owner of Monumental Change. The painting was on my block, and the owner is one of the coolest, friendliest people you can meet. I'm thankful it's in the hands of someone who will appreciate it, and that it lives in a good home!

3 comments:

  1. Lives in a good home? WTH does that even mean?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You wish to paint the President of the United States..... Republican or Democratic? Yeah, with YOU there is a difference! Customers beware!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't matter which one it is. What matters is that I'll do it in person, and not anonymously like most cowards on the internet. Customers know who I am.

      Delete