Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Untitled Shed study


This is a small study for a much larger painting I'm planning on doing later on this year. I've already started it, but with the amount of commissions, art shows and festivals, personal work like this will have to take a backseat for the time being. I'm in love with old sheds and barns out in the middle of nowhere, just off the side of the road...out in the woods...wherever the road leads. Whether it's an old tobacco barn, an old work shed, or something lost to time, there's something about them that I can't get enough of. 

This specific one is slightly different than the others. The shed, hill, and tree, are in three different locations, but in the same area. This is the first time I'll be taking multiple pleinair paintings to make a completely new image. 

No comments:

Post a Comment