Monday, April 29, 2019

Harriet Tubman - Work In Progress


I'm working on the final layer of trees before I start painting in the people. Once I've finished the trees, I'll do a light glaze of blue paint that will give it a misty almost nighttime feel. The left of the painting will be almost completely blackened out in an attempt to give a feel of total darkness that Harriet Tubman is leading them into - the unknown. Each tree has to be painted twice, once to block in the image, and then when it dries, another darker layer to cover up any background that might be showing through. It's a lengthy process, but well worth the effect I'm going for. This final layer of background trees should be finished by this weekend. Sorry for the glare - can't do anything about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment