Sunday, August 11, 2013

Unfinished Mural



Everyone at one point or another has seen the Edward Hopper painting 'Nighthawks.' This is one of my favorite paintings of all time. The mood that Hopper sets in this painting where, even though everyone is in a social setting, there's no interaction between the patrons. Even the man and woman who sit beside each other, have nothing going on between them. I've always felt that if you were in this scene, walking down the road and were to get shot and killed right outside the window, they wouldn't even notice.

This mural is unfinished because I was painting it on the side of my shed when that tall tree you see behind it, was knocked over in a thunderstorm. I really wanted to finish this mural, but nature saw fit to knock it over. Just thought I'd share it with everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment