Thursday, March 8, 2012

Progress

Over the next few days/weeks, I might be posting some charcoal drawings/sketches that I've done through the years. Part of this is because most of my artwork has taken a turn towards oil portrait painting. I have already posted one or two, and I'll post once I get a few completed. Right now, I'm working on a bunch of those small, cheap canvas boards. I find it's easier to mess up a $1 canvas board than a $50 canvas.

That being said, if anyone is interested in canvases, two of the best places to find them are on Craigslist, or at the Goodwill/Thrift stores. At the Goodwill/Thrift stores - or even on Craigslist for that matter - often people have already painted on them. Scraping off excess paint and painting over the image is a great way to save money and create your own masterpiece. Heck, it beats going to Michael's or Ben Franklin. A $5 canvas that needs a few applications of paint beats a $50 canvas any day of the week.

Well, that's my two cents for the day. Anyway, hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment