Monday, June 26, 2023

Studio Live Wedding Painting


 What originally was a live wedding painting turned into something a little bit more. I had a very limited amount of time to paint at the Bolling Haxal House in Richmond last Christmas. It was a tight squeeze, and management was kind of leery of me painting on a carpeted surface. Once I finished getting in the basic details, everyone headed into the reception. I literally had just about an hour to capture enough details and reference photos to go back to the studio and paint everything. 

Unfortunately, the mother of the bride was not looking for a live wedding painting. She wanted details...and more details...and more details. It was a learning experience..."that's all I have to say about that," Forrest Gump.

No comments:

Post a Comment