Monday, March 11, 2019

Harriet Tubman Day









Yesterday was Harriet Tubman Day, and because I'm working on this amazing painting, I just threw caution to the wind and took a trip to Maryland to visit the Harriet Tubman Museum. Just down the road from the museum is the house where she was born, and a few miles from that is Brodess Farm, the farm where she worked. The land at Brodess Farm is privately owned, so you can't go on the property, but I set up my easel on the protected area where you can view. None of the buildings are still around and the old building in the pic was built years after she had escaped slavery. I was able to collect some sand, well ... mud ... from the area where my easel was. Just like before, I'll apply that into the painting once it's dry.
There's too much to post here. I'll just say that, it was worth the drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment