Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Letting go

I don't think that many people who are not the creative type, truly understand how things we go through from day to day can affect us. For myself, things that I see can sometimes impact not only my creative spirit, but how exactly I'm inspired. In moving on from one thing to the next, be it personal, professional, or otherwise, truly letting go of someone or something is often the hardest thing to do.

For me, one of the hardest decisions I have ever had to make in my personal life came today. While I will not go through the details, I feel it's best to at least take the time to explain it in a story. If you take a pork chop and offer it to a dog, naturally, the dog will take the pork chop from your hand. Let's say that the moment the dog bites for the pork chop, you kick it. If you offer the pork chop to the dog again, the dog, though reluctant, will go for the pork chop once again. If you continue to kick the dog as you offer him the meal, at some point, he will refrain from trying to take the food. He now associates your offer with pain, and even though he will want it, he won't make an attempt.

Some things in my own life have led me to the point I am presently at. Knowing that there is pain associated with certain things, I have decided to refrain from attempting to accept the offer thrown my way. It's best to move on, knowing that if I try to go for it once more, nothing but pain and misery will come from trying to go for something so utterly out of my reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment