Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Thoughts

So it's been a week since my last posting. I've had the time to get the upset feeling out of my system for the most part. I had put a lot of time into that portfolio, and I think what upset me the most was not that it was rejected, but that there was no explanation as to why. I do not want to go down the road of bitterness, where I put down, mock, or make fun of other artists or the company I had presented a portfolio to. I would be lying if I said my feelings weren't hurt, because it feels as though it's not just a rejection of my art, it's a rejection of me.

A friend once told me, "hey, don't get your hopes up, you might not get it." It's friends like these that I really don't keep around. What she told me was true, that I might not get it. The possibility is always there. It's the self-deprecating, defeatist attitude like that where people like her never get ahead in life unless they win the lottery or marry a rich person. Life doesn't just happen, you have to make it happen. This event was a set back for me ... nothing more.

Back to the drawing board. Onward and upward.

No comments:

Post a Comment