Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Jamie Study






Here's an oil portrait of my wife, Jamie. It's more of a study than anything else. I've been putting more time into oil portraits than anything else. I painted it on a canvas board. They're cheap, so if I mess up, there's no real investment lost. The paints are Windsor Newton, just in case anybody is wondering. I've also included the skin tones palette that I found online some time ago. I don't remember who published it - as I'd like to give them credit for it. Her head is cut off in this posting, but that's as a result of my scanner, so I posted a photomerge of one, that consists of two different scans merged together. I've placed the label as 'commissioned portrait' in this blog, even though I did it as a study. I'd like to start putting my oil portraits out there for sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment